Join the Band!
Attention ATC Families! On Thursday, September 14th, students in grade 4 will have a chance to hear all the instruments during a music demonstration in the morning. Our thriving band is a great way to support your child's development and a wonderful way to make new friends.
Here are some links if you would like to learn more...
Band - Overview for Beginners
Band - Enrollment Form
First Day of School!
On Tuesday, we begin a new year at the Cummings School. We are extremely excited to welcome the students back and make sure they have a terrific experience. Here are some things to know for the first day:
1. Students will meet outside the cafeteria near the playground. Starting at 8:15AM, each grade (starting with grade 3) will enter the cafeteria and we will then call students by classroom to meet their new teacher. We know this can be an emotional day for families but for safety reasons we do ask that you say your goodbyes outside of the building as your child enters the school with his / her classmates. We also ask that you do not leave your car unattended in our traffic loop as you say goodbye to your child. For those new to the ATC, you can park near the basketball courts, at the rink, or in the small lot below the EB Newton building.
2. Please remember students will be dismissed at 2:45 this year which is a twenty minute extension of the day from last year.
3. Students will be given a packet of paperwork that needs to be filled out within the first week. This includes emergency information updates, after-school enrichment information, and breakfast / lunch forms that are a federal legal requirement for our school. There is also a CORI form that volunteers need to fill out EVERY year. We are always searching for more volunteers so please take a minute to fill this out.
4. Click HERE to see when your child will have specials. I share this information so you know when to make sure your child has sneakers for P.E. class.
5. After-school enrichment information has been added to our homepage. Please click the tab on the side which should answer any questions you may have.
Please always call / email / or stop by with any questions or concerns and have a great weekend!
Ryan P. Heraty
Arthur T. Cummings Elementary School
“The Winthrop Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability, or homelessness for employment, participation in, admission/access to, or operation and administration of any educational program or activity in the School District”
We are excited to offer many amazing after-school enrichment activities at the Cummings School. For information regarding our most popular programs, click below for complete information. The application form will go home with all students on the first day of school. We will also be including information soon for the Kindness Club, Chess Club, and Coding Club (new this year).
After-School Sports - Grade 3
After-School Sports - Grades 4/5
After- School Drama
Enrollment Form - Please note the fee has increased this year to ensure all costs are covered by the program and for additional programs to be added under the $100 umbrella (e.g, coding club, chess club, newspaper club, etc...). Last year our fees did not cover the costs of the program. The fee structure is outlined in the enrollment form. We have split the year into two sessions. For the first half of the year, $100 will cover all after-school activities and an additional $100 will cover the second half of the year. Morning gym (7:15 - 8:15AM) is an additional fee of $100 for the entire year.
Scholarship Form - Our school is committed to ensuring EVERY student has the opportunity to participate in after-school enrichment programs. If your family needs financial assistance this confidential form will help our scholarship committee (made up of administration and our adjustment counselor) to determine what percent of the fee can be waived. Please also ask about family discounts for those with multiple children in our school.
21st Century After-School Program - This program is separate from our after-school enrichment but we work closely with them to provide after-school services. Application Link HERE.
21st Century After-School Program Application - Click on the link which will direct you to the application for the 21st Century program.
School Improvement Plan 2017-18
Please read our ATC School Improvement Plan HERE for the 2017-18 School Year. This plan was collaboratively designed after carefully reviewing our parent and faculty survey data. We have aimed to ensure our goals are aligned with stakeholder feedback. Thank you for being a part of this very important process.
School Report Card
Please find our 2015-16 School Report Card Letter HERE.